Would like the ability to send message to a set of users spanning groups
I'd like to send a message to 4 contacts, one of whom is currently offline. I cannot select all 4 contacts at one time, since they are split across groups. The workaround is to send the message twice: once to the online users (who all happen to be in the same group) and once to the offline user.
in 2.5.3 if i select 3 users in one group holding ctrl and then select another one in other group and right click last one selected, the selection of first threee users dissapears. It works fine if i right click some of those three users instead of last one. This is really annoying when you have to select a lot of users spaning many groups and then right click and all selection dissapears..
2 additions to the group selection would be great.
1) the ability for shift-click to span groups
2) the ability to select entire groups (by clicking on the group name or somesuch)
Making company-wide announcements is very frustrating when having to select all users individually. like above, we have to resort to exodus for this functionality.
i have noticed that often i cant send a broadcast to users in one group, this happens if i select say 3 contacts with ctrl and then right click last one or second. Then selection dissapears. If i right click first contact in selection ,then it works fine and gives me right context menu.
In general the functionality works fine, but there are some issues sending messages to users
1. some times multiple user selection is not keeping the selection when pressing right button
2. Sending messages to users do not show any dialog saying "Message was sent to the selected users" this is inconsistent with the Broadcast functionality and group broadcast that show a dialog.
3. Offline users do not receive messages. This behavior is not clear for the user since you can select offline users.
1. How to reproduce selection issue:
select 2 users
select 2 users
right button over the last selected user
Result: only the last user is marked as selected, but when sending the message everyone received it.
There were more cases that this issue happened but it was not consistent.
Added ability to select from multiple groups.