Spark behaves wrong with chats with similar names
It seems that e.g. 'sss' and 'ssss' (or 'S' and 'INS' and similar) are in some manner the same rooms for Spark. If those two rooms are opened and someone sends a message into one of them, then Spark will show this message in both rooms. If you close one of them and reopen, then its history will be posted in both rooms.
Updated path to reproduce:
1) create two rooms in Admin Console with jids and names: RMC and SRMC.
2) in Spark client A open SRMC rooms
3) in Spark client B open RMC and SRMC rooms
4) in Spark client C (or any other client than Spark) open RMC room
5) client A sends a message to room SRMC
6) client B receives that message in both SRMC and RMC rooms (should be only in SRMC)
7) client C doesn't see anything in RMC room
When client B closes both rooms and opens RMC room only, he sees no messages as it should be, but if he then opens SRMC also, then RMC gets that message from SRMC in the history. It is like Spark is pulling history for a room from the server and then pushes it too all the rooms with a similar ending of the name.
Can't reproduce anymore. Probably fixed by Smack 4 update.
Thanks for the clarification, Flow. Konstantin has recently updated and reassigned to himself a ticket to update Smack in Spark. So we will check if this issue is still present when Smack is updated in Spark.
The patch is for an old version of Smack. I can only comment on the situation in recent stable versions of Smack, i.e. Smack 4: I believe the issue is no longer present in them. I can't comment on the situation in Spark and especially the ancient version of Smack used in Spark.
This was brought out again by Kenneth and i was able to reproduce it again. So it is not fixed and i will reopen it. Need clarification, is it Spark or Smack bug after all? I see a patch attached. Is it for Spark?
Mass closing of all bugs resoved during 2.6.0 and 2.6.1