Spark update check does not see 2.5.0 as newer than 2.5.0beta4
Originally reported here:
I was able to reproduce locally on Wildfire 3.2.3 Enterprise using spark_2_5_0.exe and spark_2_5_0_beta4.exe. When I log in to the server with Spark 2.5.0 beta 3 and the server is configured to deliver spark_2_5_0.exe there is no update notification. If I switch the active build to spark_2_5_0_beta4.exe then there is an update notification.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Upload spark_2_5_0.exe and spark_2_5_0_beta4.exe
2) Select spark_2_5_0.exe as the active version in Enterprise
3) Log in using Spark 2.5.0 beta 3
4) Note that you receive an update notification
5) Switch the active version in Enterprise to spark_2_5_0_beta4.exe
6) Select "Help > Check for updates" in Spark 2.5.0 beta 3
7) There is no update
My suggestion is that we codify the meaning of the "." characters a bit more. Given:
W = major version, numerical ordering
X = minor version, numerical ordering
Y = revision version, numerical ordering
Z = alpha or beta designation, alphabetical ordering. Additionally, any versions with a Y.Z value should be considered to be "before" a version with just the same Y value.