The website uses some mysql database tables that are inefficiently designed. As those tables have grown considerably, the design should be updated.
Migration for checkUpdateInfo:
One down, two to go.
I modified all three tables. Not only do they have more applicable data types, their field names and definitions are made more similar. For the record, this was the migration scripts that I used (almost - what's here is the combination of things I did):
For the time being, I'll leave the original tables in place (their names now end with 'Old'). Those can be deleted when we've verified that everything is ok.