When Wildfire instances check for an update, they get an "everything is up-to-date":
The Wildfire update code is a copy of the Openfire update code, with some URLs removed. We should use the same code instead.
Why is this major and what this should solve? Even with correct update check people are still using 3.6.4, 3.9.3 for various reasons. Wildfire is so many years old that the ones who care probably already have checked manually at some point. Unless we want a surplus of "i have updated to the latest version and everything is broken" threads in the forums
It is major because that was the default priority of a new issue.
We should resolve this, as frankly, it does not do what it intends to do: inform people that there's a newer version available. If the update process itself is wrong, that's another problem. The update-check should work.
I've checked with others, who agreed that this was a desirable fix - sorry Wroot. I've pushed/deployed.
That's ok I agree that update check should work. But in this case i'm a bit worried about the after-effects.